Will your product survive a silicon valley product teardown ?
by Thiyagarajan Maruthavanan (Rajan)
[original posted date on 20 Mar 2017, migrated from Ubedge.com]
Answering following 10 questions that can withstand a silicon valley product teardown ? Use this a framework if you are building a world class product.
- Who is the one user or customer ? also called the unit of one. Name him or her.
- What is the job that he is trying to do in his life in the context of the product idea ? Many times this job could be non functional such as an emotional or a social one
- What is the friction and the barriers in those jobs.
- How does the product in question help solve or address the friction ?
- How would this be framed in terms of benefit in customers life. i.e before and after the product, improvement in customers life.
- What is the measure of improvement in customers life also called as customer benefit metric.
- What emotions are triggered by the use of the product i.e how does the use of the product make the user feel.
- What are the magic moments, i.e in the journey of delivering the customer benefits what are the the unexpected delight that comes up.
- What is the shortest path to the first magic moment in the use of product and what are subsequent magic moments ?
- What aspects about the product will the user want to talk about. How easy is it to share that story