Informal Getto fup
by Thiyagarajan Maruthavanan (Rajan)
Publishing this post a little late but this is about a meetup of a small group on 29th, it was essentially a few entreprenuers from bangalore and alok from canaan met up for about an one and half hour for an informal chat at Pecos. Amongst us we decide to do no pitching which meant that there was great and lucid conversation about many things. It also helped an entreprenuer understand how vc’s think and vice versa. Some of the things that got discussed included below.
- What are the hottest startup areas ?
- Why entreprenuers are focussing on certain areas ?
- IS many VC’s in India a myth or realtiy.
- What do VC’s think angel has lot of investment already ?
- Will Indian VC’s put their moolah in startup from a college kid
- How should an entreprenuer understand investor fit etc ?
- Which VC to approach , one who is previous entreprenuer or coming with an analyst background.
and many more questions like this.
The thought to have something like this was triggered by opencoffeeclub but it was not just to emulate it and infact the meet happened in a pub. Due to the informal nature the conversation was very engaging. I have to certainly acknowledge alok sportiveness for taking up this without which this would have not happened. Everyone whom I met there said that they had a great time so maybe we should have more of this instead of talks and summits 🙂